Old 02-24-2013, 03:07 AM   #89
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My city Long Beach has a great municipal band. The reason they dont play all the concerts in the park is because they are so expensive. A guy I took lessons from who is a vibe player tells me they get 300 bucks a player. My band will do one for 1200 bucks! I wouldn't say the cities hire a lot of subpar bands but they do hire a lot of tribute bands and cover bands.

Problem with original music is usually the songwriting sucks. The people around the park would just rather see a Led Zep tribute, journey tribute etc. I agree though there are bands way better then us I just doubt you could hire them for what fits in a cities budget.

For instance a band like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy would cost you about 15 grand for a 2 hour show. Maybe even more.

When I was helping the Irvine Lake Blues fest book acts last yr i contacted Johnny Langs agency and they quoted me 50 grand for a 1 1/2 hour set.
Our guys are lucky if they get $50 and gas money, They deserve more, not sure what the union dues are but it is hard to pull off with out support from the town/village/parkdistrict/library.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote