Thread: Combine notes
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #86
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

It's going to take a insane combine for a QB to go in the top ten.

There might be teams with OT needs but right now it's looking like there should only be three taken in the first round. Fisher, Johnson, and Joeckel. All could go in the top 15. Fluker should fall, he looks bad IMO.

There isn't a WR in the draft I would take before either of the OG's.

OLB Jarvis Jones would be a lock if not for the neck problems in my eyes.

Cooper has looked impressive today.
personally i think Cooper and Warmack are top 5-10 talents in this draft.
i just don't think the draft will play out for them that high.
QB's always get overdrafted due to need.
i think at least two teams reach for QB's in the first.
Geno Smith will likely be the #1 QB off the board, i think Glennon will wow some team and they'll pluck him off the board after Smith. then Barkley will get grabbed as a value pick around 20-25, then Wilson or Nassib will sneak into the first as a 25-32 pick.

i mean Ponder went from a mid 2nd to the #12 overall pick, Tannehill was a 2nd rounder(a high 2nd) that vaulted up to #8 due to potential and need.

you look at all the teams needing a WR in this draft(Mia,GB,SF,SEA,Det,Cle,Buf,Nyj,SD,Stl,Min,Hou & NE) with Patterson,Allen,Hopkins,Austin having 1st round grades. Hunter,Woods,Patton and Williams have the potential to move up into the first with good showings.
the NFL is moving to more of a passing league and with several guys soon to be FA's, teams with young QB's that need WR's and the overall lack of stand out elite guys it will cause the draft to be a bit wierder than normal.

Cooper is making me want the team to trade up and get him right now.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote