View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Where did I say that Koppen was the greatest thing since sliced bread? I said that our line was greatly improved when Walton went out. Facts are facts. It has more to do with Walton than Koppen.

The Broncos coaching staff had to give Koppen time to learn the system. Koppen wasn't at training camp. He wasn't signed until after the first game. We have no idea if the coaching staff was going to make a change at center or not before the injury. There's a reason they brought in Koppen after Walton played in the preseason and the first regular season game. Try to keep up.
Both Fox and Elway have made it clear that Walton is the starter, and that they are happy with him. Hence the name of the thread.

They brought Koppen in as a solid vet presence who could teach Walton a lot, and contribute in case of emergency...kinda like Keith Brooking, and Jim Leonhard.

Like I said before, I used to dislike Trash Can greatly. He showed me fire last year, watching him play...I know Manning is pretty high on him too. That's enough for me.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote