View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Huntsman, Amazing "politician"

He is amazing. I've thought this since he was elected Governor of Utah, which I hated. He immediately showed he was not a Republican, or a Democrat, a Mormon, he was the leader of the state and he would do what was right for the state. I would have loved to see him be a big force in the last election but I do believe many began to see and he needs to run the next time. Have never voted for a "Republican" for President but I will vote for Huntsman.

This is amazing, for a "Republican" and a Mormon

Jon Huntsman, a conservative and a Mormon, says legalizing same-sex marriage is the ‘right thing to do’

Former Utah governor and presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman is speaking out in favor of marriage equality, arguing that it is a “conservative cause” that the Republican Party should support. In an op-ed for The American Conservative, Huntsman writes about his time as governor of Utah during which he pushed for civil unions and equality for the LGBTQ community, and adds that the GOP now has the opportunity to do more.

“Conservatives should start to lead again and push their states to join the nine others that allow all their citizens to marry,” Huntsman writes. “There is nothing conservative about denying other Americans the ability to forge that same relationship with the person they love… This is both the right thing to do and will better allow us to confront the real choice our country is facing: a choice between the Founders’ vision of a limited government that empowers free markets, with a level playing field giving opportunity to all, and a world of crony capitalism and rent-seeking by the most powerful economic interests.”

Here's the rest http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/21/forme...t-thing-to-do/
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links