View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #30
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I agree completely, I was a big advocate all season for getting Holliday involved in the offense. He played a couple games but only as a decoy. They may not have trusted him with the ball in his hands yet.

But i think the NFL is different now than when Faulk was in the league. There aren't many true number one backs anymore. You have to find a group of guys that is good at a particular thing, like the thunder lightning combos of the giants (jacobs-bradshaw) and niners (gore-L.James). I'm not sold on Taylor bringing more to the table than McGahee. I think McGahee is more elusive laterally and an equally, if not more tough runner.

I'm gonna watch some more tape of him now. All I really remember of him is his hurdles earlier in the season, but he seems like a heckuva athlete for his size. I had no idea he was that big. He seems like a delanie walker h-back type at that size. edit: he's a beast. And he loves that hurdle move. I like the elusiveness. Why is he so lowly rated?

I don't have much faith in Lacy. He was so successful in college because he was bigger than everyone, an NFL running back playing in college. When he gets to the NFL and everyone is bigger, stronger, faster, I don't see him being as successful. He's not the as good as Ingram was, and Ingram hasn't panned out. There's way better value in the middle rounds.
And thats great and all, but thats not the Manning offense.
Again, DEN needs a 3-down back in this offense, that can do all i referred to.
Hillman is the complimentary back.
And if Gio Bernard could just work on his pass pro, i could easily see DEN going after him. But Gio wont make it out of the top 45 picks.
DEN isnt gonna give the responsiblity of blocking blitzers coming at the 90 bazzilion dollar, 37 year old QB to a rookie who isnt very good at it.
We all saw how bad Hillman was in passpro, and Ball as well. Ugly.
But a rookie who has done it for 3 years in a pro-style sytem that has produced a bunch of 1st rounders in recent drafts like RB Stepfan Taylor, yeah i could see that.
Having 2 RBs is great, but teams will know when Manning is gonna throw and adjust if there isnt a 3-down threat in the backfield in this offense.
Thats why Moreno, when healthy was so effective.
Having 2 RBs doesnt change the necessity of having one of them be a 3-down RB that is legit in all phases.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote