View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #72
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
To Wigs question......I'd like to think so, but I still drill my ass off every day.
There is a movie theater website with a lot of old pictures of the Century Aurora theater. This picture is probably Theater 9, I don't know when it was taken. Pre-Holmes due to the older carpeting, curtains, and seats. Holmes went from behind the photographer of the picture up those stairs on the left. Theaters 8 and 9 are the two largest theaters with the largest seating capacity; the other theaters are noticeably smaller, so this picture is definitely 8 or 9. I've been to post-remodel theater 9, and this picture has a very strong resemblance. Layout is 100% the same, just new carpets, floor covering, carpets, and seats.

I don't think it's a great stretch in my mind to think that if one (or hopefully more) of those moviegoers that night had a CCW, things may have been different, especially if they were positioned nearer to where he entered. I had read of some folks in the front who had Holmes shoot over the heads. What if?

We always hear the same recurrent theme in these massacres: Nobody has a defense weapon to fire back with. In cases where they do, things often turn out differently. THIS is the bottom line. There are no guarantees in life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hear some horse crap about how it's "better" that no CCW holders were in that theater and how if anyone thinks CCW holders could have changed the outcome, they're just a bunch of gun nut Rambos.

BULL ****.