Old 02-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my Cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA, listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common-sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kinds of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works. What should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence? And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment.

-- Barak Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us...anted=all&_r=0

Obama's task force completed a "thorough process" where the vice president met with "a lot of stakeholders" and "listened to proposals from all quarters." After which, the leader of said task force comes out and declares himself to be pants-on-head retarded. Obama's starting point is to focus on "what makes sense, what works." Then he appoints Joe Biden to study it out.

For the record, Biden literally said that he recommended to his wife:

1. If threatened, leave any safety and/or cover provided by your house.
2. Take a two-shot high-recoil firearm and randomly discharge both rounds without regard to any sort of target, specifically to serve as a warning to potential intruders.

The head of the gun safety task force, and second in command to a nuclear arsenal actually said that.
Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote