Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
"Please, No African American Nurses to care for [redacted] Baby per Dad's request. Thank you," read a note that was attached to the baby's clipboard.

A Michigan hospital is under fire after a lawsuit claims it fulfilled a father's request to have no black nurses look after his baby in the neonatal intensive care unit last fall.

A black nurse sued Hurley Medical Center for discrimination and violation of the state civil rights act after the nurse manager reassigned her because of the man's request for no black nurses, according to the complaint.

A hospital lawyer eventually told the staff this was illegal, but the lawsuit alleges that black nurses were intentionally not assigned to the baby for the remainder of its stay in the hospital over the next month.

So the question is, "What’s more important the rights of the Dad in the what he wants for his baby or the rights of the Nurse that was not assigned to care for the baby"?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ws-health.html

Is this a serious question

" I don't want those darkies using my bathroom in my Diner" Mississippi restaurant owner.

Who's rights do you think won out?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote