Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #113
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I don't think there's much chance of that. I haven't seen anyone claim Minter as a special athlete, just a damn good football player with awesome field awareness.

I'd bet that of the three top ILB prospects Ogeltree will post by far the best 40 time, followed by Te'o, and Minter close behind him.

I don't expect any of them to measure out on par with Keuchly across the board, Ogeltree will be capable in the speed/agility drills but his bench is likely to be pretty low. Te'o likely is comparable or maybe even a bit better on the bench/strength skills but he'll likely come up short in speed/agility drills. Minter likely trails across the board.

Te'o throwing up a freakish series of speed/agility drills is the only real chance for a combine beast from the big three ILBs. But then we don't really want to see any of them do that anyway. A 4.4-4.5 40 and good numbers across the board from any of these guys likely pushes them out of our range. Right now we probably get our pick in the first.
Minter ran sub 4.6 before. I doubt he'll do it again, but it's certainly not impossible.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote