View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #555
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Jones is a 4 mil player based upon the market he was able to garner interest from. he'd be a 3.25 mil guy in this market but he was a UFA with leverage and the Avs don't really want to spend money right now so keeping him instead of signing a guy like Semin made sense for them.
when you go to UFA you are likely to get overpaid by some team, so i have no issue with Jones getting 4 mil since he was a UFA. i don't think he's worth it but he had a stronger case than ROR.
yes it takes a lot more than goal scoring to be a good player but goal scoring ablity gets you paid in FA. kinda like sacks do in the NFL.

i'm aware of what we gave up overall for Varly, still a good trade and the trade of Liles helped us land Varly, that's a win to me.

no we couldn't have just paid Anderson, he wanted more years than he earned and he still ended up signing for less than he demanded.
he quit on the damn team because he was mad about the length of the offer. he wanted something like 5 years and the Avs offered two. he got mad, pouted and then got his ass shipped out of town and still isn't playing at the same level as before.
Can't argue there. Although Anderson is playing lights out right now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote