Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #43
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'll gladly discuss it. I'm not sure "racial profiling" is any sort of solution to what is a much larger and more complex problem. Like I said before, this is more of an issue of socioeconomics than one of race. The fact that so many lower income African Americans live in crowded, poverty stricken urban areas with a rampant crime, drug and gun problem certainly compounds the issue.
It doesnít mater if itís a socio-economics issue, the cold hard facts are that the gun violence is being perpetrated by the young urban blacks.

Here is a breakdown from the Washington Post, of gun violence in New York City. In short, 95.1 percent of all murder victims and 95.9 percent of all shooting victims in New York City are black or Hispanic. And 90.2 percent of those arrested for murder and 96.7 percent of those arrested for shooting someone are black and Hispanic.

In the south, the Baton Rouge Advocate published a lengthy analysis of the 2012 murder stats in the city. Last year, 83 people died by homicide in Baton Rouge. Of that number, 87% were black, and 87% were male. Two-thirds had been in trouble with the law before, and one-third had been in trouble with the law for drugs. The median age of victims: 26. Of the perpetrators, the median age was 22. Get this: 96% of them were black, and 90% were male. Almost two-thirds had previous arrests. One out of four had a drug record.
Most of the murders took place in the poorest parts of the city. What can we learn from these statistics? That murder in Baton Rouge is almost entirely about young black men from the poor part of town killing other young black men from the poor part of town. It's mostly a matter of thugs killing thugs.

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote