View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #534
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
You think the Avs would do a Filip Forsberg and pick type deal? It would essentially end up being Varlamov, Forsberg, pick for O'reilly lol.

There was a deal of Marcus Johansson and Michal Neuvirth for Luongo and Raymond but Leonsis doesn't want that Luongo contract. I say do it and figure it out later with the amnesty thing coming into play this offseason.

Caps would look much better with O'Reilly in the top 6, Laich returning and Luongo in net.

None of it is going to happen probably, but I would pull the trigger on those deals if I was the caps. Hate to give up Forsberg but Sherman can save face on that trade, even though I didn't think it was THAT bad. Varlamov was always the best of the Holtby, Neuvirth, himself trio.

edit: I guess if the avs are looking for NHL ready talent maybe they go for Forsberg/Brooks Laich (a little steep) or Forsberg/Marcus Johansson

re: Luongo, Vancouver was also willing to eat some of the salary. Seems like a no brainer to me given the crap goaltending in DC. I would have pulled the trigger.
Those trades are absolutely brutal for the Caps, and I'm not even big fans of either MoJo or Laich. O'Reilly isn't worth Forsberg (or Kuznetsov for that matter) straight up, let alone Forberg + when you factor in current contracts, O'Reilly's demands, and the length of time the Caps control any of the 3 players you mentioned.

And I don't believe for a second that the Caps turned down a Luongo/Raymond deal for only Mojo/Neuwirth especially with the Canucks agreeing to eat some of the contract.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 02-15-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote