View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #304
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
No, clearly I wasn't looking over his shoulder. I'm just going by what he typed. He starts saying he really wanted to tip 20%. On his $54 meal, that's $10.80. He left $5 instead. Less than half that. Read his post again. The service doesn't sound bad. The server didn't offer him a drink, that's about it.

Me really wanting to tip 20% was because of what I kept reading in this thread. I normally tip at most 15%. I set my standards a little higher last night I guess. His service wasn't worth a 10 dollar tip plain and simple.

Some people you just can't please in this business. They're going to find any reason (i.e., "the bill got brought too early and it totally ruined my night!") to stiff a guy or complain. He probably fished for a free dessert from the manager too.

I'm sorry, but if you want to quote me, then quote me correctly instead of something to fit your special agenda against me. I never said that it totally ruined my night. I find that what he did with the check as being rude. Never have I had the check brought to me just after I get my main course. Also, no, I didn't try to get anything for free. We paid, then left.

Here's the thing. No sob story from me. My Dad owns and has owned various restaurants throughout my life. It's what he does. I've done everything from bus to manage. Now again, no sob story. I'm not going to tell you it's so hard. Because it's not. And this isn't a moral issue, either. It's not anyone's responsibility to make sure a waiter has food on his table when he gets home.

Gee I don't know, that sure sounds like a sob story if I ever heard one.

But let's not make up things in our heads to justify it. Just be honest. Just say you're not big on tipping. That's fine. This is America. We're free to make our own decisions. That paragraph was him trying to justify his actions to this board. Just be honest, that's all.

Oh so now I'm just making things up on how the night went when my wife and I went out for dinner. No I'm sorry, but that was how the service went. You don't like these kinds of stories when they happen so you claim that the ones they happen to are just lying. So once again, I wasn't trying to justify anything. My experience fit in with exactly what this thread is about. You don't like, I don't care. YOU just need to get over yourself.
In bold
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote