Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Obviously, things could change as players move up and down the board, but based on current projections:

1) Matt Elam, S, Florida - Makes tons on plays, is great in coverage and physical down in the box. Reminds me of Bob Sanders.

2) DeAndre Hopkins, Wr, Clemson - Homer pick, but I think he'll be a playmaker right off the bat in the slot.

3) Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina - Versatile interior lineman who can play any of the three inside spots. Extremely athletic. I like him because it provides depth and competition across the interior. Not chained to one spot.

I don't expect a MLB with 1st round value to be available. DT typically has a low first year impact, so with the "Manning window" I don't expect that to be the pick.
I like all of those guys, but only Cooper would be value there.

Hopkins is terrific, but the sheer amount of guys JUST like him coming out in this draft makes him a horrible value even at 28.

Matt Elam is also a good S, but he scares me taking in the first round. He is not the Ed Reed TO machine and he is small and Hits Like Bob Sanders. I worry if he can stay on the field at the next level. He might be worth it for awhile, but long term Not sure first rounder value.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote