View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

There are a handful of players I would gladly welcome as Broncos @ #28.

I will say this: I believe Shariff Floyd has moved way out of our reach. There was a quote from a general manager that thinks he can change the game as much as Warren Sapp did. It is pretty high praise, especially for a player who was not that savvy in the pass rush, but he has undeniable skills, talent and is one of the most versatile DL in this draft. There was also an article on NFLDC the other day that said out of 10 GM/Scouts interviewed, most people think he is going Top 15.

Some guys I like:

Jonathan Cooper, OG -- North Carolina (Don't think he falls to us, but if he did, he should be a high consideration.)

Alec Ogletree, LB -- Georgia (Same as above, but think he would be a perfect fit here.)

Kevin Minter, ILB -- LSU (Believe he is fair value that late in the first.)

Kawann Short, DT -- Purdue (Cannot believe he is not rated higher than he is. One of the more consistent players over the past few years on the DL in the NCAA and was a man amongst boys at the Senior Bowl.)

John Jenkins, DT -- Georgia (Medical checks and his shape at Indianapolis will be a big factor for us. I think he is a first-round talent and a great fit for our scheme.)

Xavier Rhodes, CB -- Florida State (Rhodes grade is going to be dependent on how he runs at INDY -- if it isn't 4.4 range, he is going to slip a bit, but I think he can be a complete player.)

Guys like Matt Elam, Eric Reid at safety could be candidates in a trade down. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyprien is a target if we do that.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a sleeper pick, I think he might go a little bit higher, but I like his upside. I think he will be a real game changer, but considering the depth at WR in this class, I'd rather wait. Big fan of Markus Wheaton, who I think has placed himself in the second round. A performance (good) at Indy should solidify that.

Really, at this point in time, I think trading down could be our best option. There are a TON of players after that who are still going to perform at a high level. I wouldn't mind picking in the early second and grabbing an extra third or fourth by moving out like we did last year -- under the condition we don't waste gained resources by moving back up.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote