View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #474
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
2 things about Ovie that are very apparent now. Even when he was scoring, he was a high volume shooter (needing many shots to score his goals) and he was a bigger hitter (not a bone crunching hitter but he threw his weight around). As he has gotten older, he does not have the speed to get to his shooting spots (and defenses have limited his access to said spots) and doesn't hit as much (in part due to loss of footspeed). You can blame system changes on some of that but his inability to adept his game as he's aged hasn't helped at all.

These things are not going to change. Putting him on the Wings would increase his scoring chances but again because he had to shoot so much to score in the first place, would not allows mean more goals.
Well he is also playing with trash (up until they put him with ribiero).

It's an interesting discussion and everyone will have different opinions. Funny you mention detroit; I think in that org he can put up 40+ easy and probably get in that close to 50 range, but again that's my opinion from what I know of ovechkin and the structure/style of detroit
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote