Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #145
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandlc View Post
Owning 2 German cars, I never pay half of dealer price for an OEM part. There is actually a dealer that has an online parts department that sells the parts at half price. You just have to do your research and learn about your vehicle and where to get the parts. There are several online companies that specialize in selling import OEM car parts far cheaper than the dealer prices, and sometimes they have better quality parts available than the dealer.
This, and I have a world Class Mechanic who specializes in upgrading German cars. We have been friends forever and I get a huge discount by sending him referrals. I have paid 1/4 of the price for repairs and upkeep the last 10 years because we network. Its actually cheaper for me to go to him than have a lesser mechanic work on the car for cheaper Labor costs.

I love dealing with independent shops too. He has sent me several clients as well including one who wanted to drive my car when he took his in to the shop! That was a good day, second largest account I have too
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote