View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I would be surprised if Arthur Brown makes it to #58. He has put on a clinic the past two seasons at K-State and showed why he was one of the best recruits in the nation. I know SoCal is sad it didn't pan out for him at the U. He has some versatility and can play MIKE or WILL. He is basically the same size as Jon Beason was coming out of school and that didn't stop John Fox from plugging him in on the inside.

T'eo, Ogletree and Minter are the top three ILB on most people's boards. At OLB, you have guys like Jarvis Jones and Barkevious Mingo (DE 4-3) who are going to get extensive looks by 3-4 teams who want edge rushers. For 4-3 teams, you basically get your choice of Arthur Brown (if you want him as a WILL), Khaseem Greene or Zavier Gooden for "better" prospects there after.

My guess is that T'eo, Minter, Ogletree, Jones and Mingo all go in the first round. I don't think Gooden is a second round guy, but if he runs sub 4.45 at the combine, he could fly up boards. As a player I think his overall value is in the third round. Basically, it will come down to Brown/Greene for most teams looking at a linebacker in the second round. I don't think either of them last to #58, but we still have the combine and pro days to sort through before we get a more realistic idea of draft placement.

I think Brown is going to be a very productive NFL player. If Mays/Williams are both released, getting a LB early is going to HAVE to happen. I hope we do, because I can't think of two better coaches in John Fox and Jack Del Rio to help develop a top talent at the position.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote