Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #138
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It will increase profits, not necessarily drive down costs. These savings won't be passed on to the customer, especially when fixing your car. You have to remember that fixing and servicing cars is the bread and butter of dealerships, not new car sales. There may be some plateauing of up front pricing on these vehicles but that's about it.

You want to invest in a great German machine--buy a Porsche. Porsche is NOT a car company. It's an engineering firm that just happens to make great cars.

Here's another little fact: Porsche had the chance to BUY VW. That's right, it had the chance to buy the majority shares in VW but it said "hell no."

Porsche knows what it's doing.
If you're taking your car to a dealership to get serviced, then I also have some wonderful Volcano Insurance I'd like to talk with you about
You're absolutely right, service underwriting IS their bread and butter, and the majority of that profit comes from labor mark ups, AND part costs. Find yourself a reliable independent mechanic, and profit. The dealerships aren't going to change their labor pricing, but IMO you'll see substantial decreases in part pricing once you have a massive production increase.

As to your second point, about porsche buying out VW but saying "hell no" at the last minute...total ****ing bull****. They were doing EVERYTHING in their power to take over VW, including the increase of their shares up to 40% before the market collapsed in 2008. The ONLY reason they didn't go ahead with the market share takeover (which they are on record as saying was their ultimate goal), is because the banks wouldn't lend them any more money. Now they're owned by VW. But seriously, nice try.

Last edited by Boobs McGee; 02-11-2013 at 02:45 PM..
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote