View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #89
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree with the irrationality part of it. The writers want to challenge their characters and create suspense every episode, which is fine. But I agree sometimes the way they put their characters in danger are pretty lame, I'll agree. I'm sure as a writer you find this especially annoying.

I don't agree that the characters are unlikable. I like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dale. I even like Shane, Merle and the Governor as far as "villains" go. I agree Carl was getting annoying last season. I like him better now, though. I think Mishonne and Tyreese have a lot of potential. I also think Walking Dead isn't a circumstance to explore the subtle nuances of human nature. It's a visit to the extreme. When I want subtle I watch Mad Men.

Our of curiousity, what shows outside the office do you enjoy? I enjoyed the office until this season, too.
You're right, i shouldn't paint ALL the characters with a broad brush, but most of that original group I can't stand. And really couldn't stand team Grimes, but thank God Lori is dead. I agree the show is tolerable (for me) when it understands that its just a first person shooter, but the entirety of season 2 was spent trying to be a character study and it failed miserably.

Lets see...this is what I watch.

Some all time favs: The Wire, Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Six Feet Under.

Current: Game Of Thrones (never thought I'd like it, but wow, i love it), Louie, MadMen, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Treme, Girls (have a love/hate with this), ya know, the usual shows middle class white people like. Oh, and The Amazing Race is something i can watch from now till the end of time. I'm probably missing some, but I don't watch as much TV as I used to.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote