View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #82
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

As for this most recent episode, I was wondering if Tyreece was going to show up. I thought T-Dog was their hat tip to Tyreece. He's a critical player and becomes best friends with Rick in the comic. Obviously the show doesn't follow the comic exctly, but it does inform some of the plot points and some of the tension they create in the show is greater if you read the comics (The Governor actually rapes Michonne in the comic, so you believe he's going to rape Maggie). However Tyreese looks "as ordered" here and I like his character. He helps lead because Rick can't handle it by himself in the comic. It's clear they are moving toward that direction.

I just hope they don't ruin the character of Rick.
HAHAH you remember that. Well, let me say, I enjoyed Sucker Punch more than others because I had less than zero expectations and wasn't too bored. I doubt I was singing its praises as its really not my kind of movie. I probably just didnt think it sucked as much as others.

My problem with The Walking Dead mostly is that I feel its poorly written. Its fine when its a shoot em up action show, but it fails miserably as a character piece and I think some of the choices they made, especially in season 2, were downright insulting to the viewer.

It was an enormous/lazy mistake to center the show around Carl (from a motivational standpoint), and, as a result, we spent entirely too much time with an uninteresting child actor. I think they did realize this mistake and Carl is mostly an afterthought in this season. I also think they OFTEN use character irrationality to push a plot forward: For example, in the second season, there was a small plot line where Glenn, Rick, and Herschel had to quickly get supplies in town and rush back, and I think they ran into those other guys in the bar. For whatever reason, the writers needed to get Lori out of the house and into a car accident, so she freaked out to go find them and tell them to...come back faster? They do these types of things alot. There's nothing subtle about The Walking Dead and as a character study of what people may be like during an apocolypse, i think its pretty lazy.

Oh, and outside of Daryl, most of the characters are pretty unlikable.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote