Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #78
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I would repeal "First amended rights" <-- WTF is that? Illiterate British friend: The 1st applies to government censorship of dissent, not someone telling another person in a debate to be consistent or stick a sock in it. /facepalm

And ad hominem abusive is your only response. You will not justify your views on guns especially when put into contrast with far more dangerous activities because you simply cannot do so, just like all other hysterical gunsnatchers I have discussed these statistics with.

My point is proven. Now go have your Heineken.
Good grief.

I suggested you'd repeal the 1st to protect the 2nd, not that your stupid comment was a violation of the 1st. Try and keep up.

As for your absurd false equivalency of comparing guns to alcohol, feel free to keep talking to yourself, it's absurdity at its finest.

You are incapable of having any rational discussion about guns. You were probably more interesting as a Marxist.

As for 'your point is proven,' all you've done is prove my assertion that you are delusional.

In the real world.

Quote:
March 2, 2011—"There is no reason that a peaceful society based on the rule of law needs its citizenry armed with 30-round [ammunition] magazines," states Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck during a news conference." Such magazines transform a gun "into a weapon of mass death rather than a home protection-type device," Beck notes.

February 26, 2011—Referring to increasing seizures of semiautomatic assault weapons that are trafficked in from outside states, Brockton (Massachusetts) Police Department Captain Emanuel Gomes says, "We're literally outgunned. You're talking about the kind of firepower that can go through vehicles, through vests, and that can literally go through a house."

January 16, 2011—After one of his officers is ambushed by a teenager wielding a semiautomatic AR-15 and fired at 26 times, Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty tells The Oklahoman, "There are just more and more assault rifles out there, and it is becoming a bigger threat to law enforcement each day. They are outgunned." Citty states that he sees "no practical reason" why a civilian would need an AR-15 or similiar military-style weapon.

November 21, 2010—Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda states,"In my opinion, [AK-47 rifles and other high-powered semiautomatic assault weapons] exist for one purpose and one purpose only and that is to kill."

November 15, 2010—After losing his son and another officer in a shootout to sovereign citizens armed with a semiautomatic AK-47, West Memphis [Arkansas] Police Chief Bob Paudert purchases 30 AR-15s for use by patrol officers in the field. "We're going to protect our officers," he says. "Our times have changed. And we've got to change with our times. We cannot allow our officers to continue to be killed."

October 25, 2010—Ten national law enforcement organizations form the National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence. Founding members are the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association, International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Major Cities Chief Association, National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, National Sheriffs' Association, Police Executive Research Forum, and the Police Foundation. The partnership is described as "an unprecedented joint effort by law enforcement leaders to address gun violence in an era of shrinking law enforcement budgets and rising levels of officer deaths." In their Statement of Principles, the new coalition states, "As law enforcement organizations, we believe the level and lethality of gun violence directed at police officers requires an organized and aggressive response from policy makers at the federal, state, and local levels."
The list goes on.

http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campa...ssault-weapons

Last edited by DenverBrit; 02-10-2013 at 02:01 PM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote