View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #413
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It looks to me like when Greg Sherman took over as GM things went to crap but I could be wrong. Pierre Lacroix was a great GM and now it looks like they got a young guy who doesn't have a clue. Add Joe Sacco to the mix and it just looks like the Avs are somewhat inept in either keeping young talent or trading for young talent or developing talent. Pierre Lacroix the the president of the team but it looks like he's not helping much.

Like I said, they are always trading someone but it never pans out. They seem to draft ok, but why don't the keep their talent? Why can't they find a goalie who's worth a crap? Why do the keep trading young goalies away like that Anderson kid?
When you only have one decent line and set of defensemen, its hard to play goalie. Hunwick, O'Bryne, O'Brien (Defensemen) belong in the AHL. All make at least one boneheaded mistake every game. Most nights we average 5-6 players that shouldn't be playing in an NHL game. I actually think Varlamov is a pretty good goalie. We seem to be riddled with injuries every year for the last 5-6 years going back to when Sakic put his hand in his snow blower. Depth is basically none existent and the front office seems to be content with missing the playoffs. They don't spend more than they have to. Some nights I think its Sacco, other nights I think its due to lack of talent. Last night we were missing O'Reilly (still not signed), Landeskog, Downie (out for season), Jones, and Wilson. Hard to win when 2 stars and 3 other regulars are out.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote