Old 02-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #409
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
for some reason the Avs organization seems to love him.
the team is just piss poor on offense, the dump and chase hockey is done way too much. they're like a soccer team that can't run set pieces nor organize a consistent offensive cohesion.

he's been coaching this team for far too long for them to consistently look like a confused team. the only time they look creative on offense is when Duchene and Stastny are flying around and charging the net.
everyy other time they dump the puck in and try to swing it around instead of setting up some nice plays to get pressure.

he needs to go and if the Kroenke's don't want to poor more money into the team and be more aggressive in building then they need to go too.

the Avs fell so in love with signing big time FA's that they don't know how to truly build a franchise and they keep missing in the draft due to injuries(Hishon),lack of maturity(Siemens) or just going way too safe and focusing on one hockey league to scout and draft talent from.
It looks to me like when Greg Sherman took over as GM things went to crap but I could be wrong. Pierre Lacroix was a great GM and now it looks like they got a young guy who doesn't have a clue. Add Joe Sacco to the mix and it just looks like the Avs are somewhat inept in either keeping young talent or trading for young talent or developing talent. Pierre Lacroix the the president of the team but it looks like he's not helping much.

Like I said, they are always trading someone but it never pans out. They seem to draft ok, but why don't the keep their talent? Why can't they find a goalie who's worth a crap? Why do the keep trading young goalies away like that Anderson kid?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 02-05-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote