View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #90
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You're right. It's not totally absurd that a **** matchup between Baltimore and San Fran is the third-most watched Super Bowl, behind matchups with premiere teams like New England, New York, Green Bay and Pittsburgh. TOTALLY makes sense that this **** matchup would be right behind those two games, since nobody cares at all about matchups.

I don't think the league gives a flying **** about "giving the people" a Modell storyline. I think the league wanted a Modell storyline. Period.

The league can have its two most popular players next year. There is no option for the Ray Lewis Redemption Tour next season, is there?

Sorry kiddo. There are plenty of reasons that a lot of people can see why the league MIGHT fix some games here and there, or increase some odds here and there with officiating, to get the Ravens into the big chair. I'm not saying it was fixed, I'm saying I can see the reasons why.

You can't, and that's your deal. By all means, keep those eyes firmly closed.

The NFL is so popular, A) nobody is going to care if they did push a storyline, and B) even if they did, even if it was proven that some games were fixed, the NFL's popularity wouldn't be touched.
You're a conspiracy theorist arent you?

This is not "fixing a game here and there" Youre claiming the NFL FIXED the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS for a storyline when the NFL does not need to do that. Why would the NFL ever ever ever risk its credibility? In the era of wikileaks and whatnot, its hard to keep that kind of **** under wraps.

Picture this headline: NFL FIXES 2013 PLAYOFFS AS ART MODELL TRIBUTE you REALLY think people wouldnt jump ship? And youd, as a fan, would think "oh that seems worth it to them, what a moment that was"

You also realize Ray Lewis was not the most popular player in the league, right? In a poll last year, the top was Polamalu (63 percent approval), followed by...Drew Brees and Charles Woodson (62 percent), Peyton Manning (59 percent), Aaron Rodgers and Rob Gronkowski (58 percent), and Robert Griffin III, Brian Urlacher and Donald Driver (57 percent).

Sorry, "kiddo." My eyes are wide open because I'm a rational human being. If NFL games are fixed, its a gambling thing...not because of storylines which can be created out of thin air, for a sport people will watch anyway.

This is the sword you want to fall on? Really?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote