View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #32
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
OK but the origins of Venus is only part of it.

The thread needs to be about the present science paradigm, why it is inadequate, and why we need to move ASAP to the next paradigm.

The Big Bang and the associated ice comet model are the equivalent of the flat earth model of the 15th century -- just before Copernicus.
Woah, woah, woah there cowboy! Not so fast! You can't just go making unsupported assertions and think you can get away with it.

This thread IS about the history of Venus and I'd like you to stick to the topic. Isn't that why we had to remove ourselves from the 9/11 thread? You want to keep a thread on-topic, let's do just that. If you want to open a separate thread on the problem with "the present science paradigm," be my guest. But this is MY thread now and I make the rules. You should show the decency and integrity to follow them. Thank you.

Quote:
I start with this principle - the present model will not allow us to become sustainable on the planet. We will continue to destroy earth -- unless we change our economy and especially the way we use energy. We must become much more efficient.
Not only an unsupported assertion, but also wholly irrelevant to the topic.

Quote:
The present Big Bang cosmological paradigm cannot provide for this. It is deficient because it does not incorporate electromagnetism. It is strictly based on gravity.
Not only an unsupported assertion, but also wholly irrelevant to the topic.

Quote:
Yet many electromagnetic phenomenon -- including a range of discoveries made in only the last 20 years -- are crying out to be explained and accounted for.
Off topic.

Quote:
But let us start with Venus.
Which is what you should have done.

Quote:
You need to understand how anomalous the planet is. 100% of the planet is volcanic. The surface temperatures are extreme -- and are the same at the poles and at the equator. How is this explained?
1.) Define what you mean by the phrase "Venus is 100% volcanic." Then, please provide the relevancy of this statement.
2.) Agreed that the surface temperatures are extreme. Please provide the relevancy of this statement.
3.) Agreed that Venus has a uniform temperature. Please provide the relevancy of this statement.
4.) If you don't know how these observations are explained, then say so. If you are using these questions as a trap, please restrain yourself. If you have some sort of observation about Venus which incorporates a substantiated observation that Venus is 100% volcanic (active? dormant?), that the surface temperatures are extreme and that the planet has uniform temperature, then please state it.

Quote:
Why is Venus so hot?
That's the same question you asked above regarding surface temperature. Do you know the answer? Or are you genuinely puzzled and are looking for the most scientific answer?

Quote:
W*gs says its because of a runaway greenhouse effect -- but this is unproven.
Doesn't matter what W*gs says. Do you have a theory you'd like to offer?

Quote:
W*gs makes pronouncements -- but does this make it so? Hell no.
You ask questions with the pretense of having some sort of secret answer. Please provide your answer and, take your own advice: Don't merely pronounce it. Provide the provable evidence for your theory.

Quote:
There is no way a greenhouse effect can cause vulcanism over 100% of a planet. No way. Venus is not that much closer to the sun than earth.
Is there a claim on the table that the greenhouse effect causes vulcanism? If so, I haven't seen it.

Quote:
And when you rule this out -- you are left with a major unexplained phenomenon.
So, are YOU admitting you don't have an explanation, either?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote