View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's not that easy though. Take manning off this team and does it look the same? There are QBs that make teams better. Matt Flynn lead Seattle to the playoffs? IMO no. Alex smith goes to the superbowl? Nope. Flacco progressed this year. He's not an average QB. It's a passing league. I don't see an average QB audible into a 17 yard strike to Boldin on a crucial 3rd down and short. Kaep showed inexperience on that final redzone opp. An elite QB sees that blitz and throws it over the middle to Davis(who was open with a one on one). Instead Kaep keys in on Crabtree the entire time down there.
No, it's very hard, I agree. But many teams that are good and sustain that usually don't bring in players like Manning. Baltimore has been a good tough team for a long time. I just want our own version of Ozzie picking big, mean,and intelligent players at a great hit-pick rate.

Pittsburgh, NE Home grown talent.

If you need that one piece to get over the top then fine, but we paid a lot for Manning and we have many important contract issues coming up. Doesn't seem we are going to have a lot of room to build/add nice role players this offseason. We can't trot out this same team next year, we need to get better especially at MLB.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote