View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I agree with everything but the Manning issue.

Anyone here honestly believe we would have gone 13-3 and gotten the first seed with another QB? I understand the logic behind "Manning chokes in the playoffs," but does anyone believe the Broncos would have had the same success with anyone but a handful of QB's?

I am significantly concerned about the O-line. As a matter of fact, I think that the O-line may have been the main culprit for our early exit from the playoffs. I trust Elway to address this in the offseason.

Also, our RB situation certainly doesn't fit the Fox "ball control" system. A young McGahee would be terriffic, but the current one just can't be counted on to last an entire season and lead us to the promised land. We need more blue chip talent on the line and in the RB corps.
I 100 percent agree with you that there was no one we could have picked up or kept from last year on the roster that would have had more success. But when people like me suggested keeping Tebow, it was to help build our team and then when we have a legit shot at a QB take him. ****, Alex Smith made the championship game last year and Flacco is a Superbowl Champion. If you insert a good QB onto a great team, he has a very good chance of building the confidence he needs and succeeding. IE Russell Wilson! With all the success of the new QB class it makes it clear you don't need the best QB in the game to win a Superbowl.

Trying to take shortcuts and buy championships usually doesn't work.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote