View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #33
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Point is that football is still a team sport and you can't win without all the players so go ahead and recognize the great players, regardless of if they played on QB or LG. There is absolutely no denying that QBs and RBs and other more recognized positions will get acknowledged and put into the HoF and I agree with that. My argument is that you don't keep out a truly great player simply because he played a less glamorous position in order to prop up a questionable player becaus he played on a good team or in a big media market.

The numbers will always favore the glamorous players and rightly so, it's fun to watch thos positions. However, the HoF is about the best players regardless of which position they played. It's about the best players on a team sport. And I'll continue to say that no team would win a single game, let alone a champion ship without two guys on the oline playing guards.
I don't argue a thing you say. I'm merely commenting on the perception. Guards don't have a lot of individual duties and they have guys there to help if anything goes awry. Tackles take much more responsibility and get more notoriety in the process. It just comes with the territory.

I have no issues with Shields getting into the HOF but the fact is that if QBs, RBs, etc are the main course, guards are a throw in appetizer that noone's gonna remember afterward.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote