Thread: Gun Control
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #49
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You want a "quality security system" which apparently includes forcing home security systems on people, no?

I don't know what the exact home situation was but no, I don't think everyone should be forced to lock down like a maximum security prison with blinking alarms everywhere because one woman in Connecticut had a batty son.
Leave the strawmen alone, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Yes, the Lanza family is one in over 300 million.
At least ~100,000 families have to deal with the aftermath of irresponsible gun ownership. The Lanzas are far from alone.

Quote:
Lots of things are unacceptable and abhorrent. Doesn't mean I'm going to rescind everyone's constitutional rights nor does it mean I'm going to put law abiding citizens through hell in a lame attempt to snap at the ankles of criminals who ignore all laws in existence.

Since criminals by definition break the law, perhaps we shouldn't have any laws?

Quote:
The "mind your business" is a favored view of the left, and I'm not of the left. I speak out, and do it plentifully, so no.

Quote:
Does that mean everyone should lock up as I do? No. It means they should determine what is best for their needs, not that it's OK to leave a loaded gun lying about.
What would you do if your kid was a frequent visitor to such a house? What's more important - your child's safety or this person's irresponsible use of his RKBA?

Quote:
Nope. Not yet, and hopefully never will be.
Well then, you're speaking from ignorance. Don't be such an armchair dork.

Quote:
But if it happens, I certainly don't want to be an unarmed sitting duck. Visit the theater, maybe you can understand what it would have been like there to be an unarmed sitting duck, sitting in a place where people were gunned to death en masse in your immediate vicinity when you could all clearly see the gunman in close range. Personally the thought makes me sick... And angry.

Is there something wrong with giving them and us a fighting chance?
Unless and until one practices such a scenario, time and again, until the proper reaction becomes nearly instinctual and a matter of muscle memory, pat pronouncements of "I'd cap the sucker and not be a sheep" is just misplaced bravado and assholitude.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote