View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think there are people involved in a game and God cares about people. Not so much the outcome but how we respond in situations.

I realize atheists find the higher power idea stupid. However for those who don't believe in God because they think he would be a super man of sorts, flying around stopping bad things from happening, that is a minunderstanding of what many believe about the nature of God. If you are a God raising your children and believe their experiences here on this mortal coil, good and bad, are going to contribute to their being formed how you want them, and by your own basic principles of righteousness you must allow humanity to exercise their agency, then bad things are going to happen. This will condemn the wicked, bring the good home and create opportunities for humanity to learn to take care of each other.
This is one of those things where we'll always just have to agree to disagree, which is fine (and i sincerely HOPE you're right), but i have a very hard time believing in something that's theory or intangible and has given me zero proof of any sort of existence. People often compare feeling of God to Love, but I've felt love, i've felt how it can drive you crazy and instantly change your priorities. Ive never found that from a higher being.

But you're a smart guy and are measured in your beliefs, and I doubt you'd ever use God as an excuse or reason to do something wicked. Unfortunately there are tons of idiots who do, and thats the frustrating thing.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote