View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #36
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I'm sure the 'pursuit of happiness' covers it.

I'm not suggesting denying law abiding citizens the 2nd, but this isn't the 18th century and sanity and common sense also need to apply. Anyway, the Supreme Court is there to decide if the 2nd has been violated. Let's at least get to the table and discuss the issues.

So far, it's been all 'nyet' and scare tactics from the NRA & gun lobby.....unless the discussion is 'more guns are needed.'
We need to discuss issues that will actually keep people safe. Attacking magazine capacity and "assault weapons" that have no real difference than traditional rifles is just doing something for the sake of doing something. The reality is if people weren't being threatened with confiscation hidden as registration then people would be more likely to accept new legislation.

The fact is the current system does work. Besides total confiscation of ALL weapons, what exactly would have prevented the Sandy Hook massacre? I haven't heard one rational argument on that yet. Is the left willing to really attempt confiscation? If so they will lose, and this country will be in a civil war and then we all lose.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...loophole-myth/
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote