Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
.. I agree Democracy can be a messy thing. I hope the military steps-in in Egypt. The Arab world does not know how to function democratically. As soon as the guy was elected he started over-stepping his power and the people there are smart enough to understand this.

I look at the uprising in Egypt as a good thing because the people there want their rights that they have and do not want to be ruled by a dictator and they do not want to be under strict Islamic Law.

Every American should look at this uprising in Egypt as good and hope that it all turns out.
I agree for the most part I'm just saying that the Arab Spring wasn't quite all some people made it out to be, that is, it wasn't all good. I think what you are seeing now is many Egyptian people figuring out that just because they went through a mock democratic process does not mean they are anywhere close to being "free", not with radical islamic factions strong arming the supposed democratic process.

From the article I read, the uprisings in the port towns are not being suppressed by the military because they know they are between a rock and a hard place, that is, if Egypt is really a democracy then these people have a right to voice their opinion. They don't have a right to just randomly destroy stuff, but they do have a right to say "hey, this sucks and we aren't benefitting from 'democracy!'". I think these military leaders see the situation for what it is, a bunch of BS.

JMHO of course.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 01-31-2013 at 02:03 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote