Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #43
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Ruin the effect, I guess, might be a better way to put it.
I don't think anything could 'ruin the effect' of the US murder rate.

Lowering it might though, now there's a thought.

Why is it that any discussion about guns after a mass murder appears off limits? In fact, any discussion seems to get translated into....'they're coming to take our guns away,' which of course is exactly the message the lobbyists want to project.
And for the NRA, it's a cash windfall every time.

Is it really so difficult to get bi-partisan talks about gun murders and real solutions, instead of more of the same rhetoric we get every time? We all have a vested interest in closing loopholes and keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, criminals, terrorists etc.

So far, the gun lobby's answer has been, we need more guns!!

Has anyone read this yet??

Quote:
From internecine warfare, media manipulation, and executive bankrolling to gun control bills and school massacres, Richard Feldman, former NRA regional political director and lobbyist for the firearm industry, exposes the NRA as a cynical, mercenary political cult obsessed with wielding power while exploiting members' fear in order to maximize contributions.
Quote:
The upshot is that the NRA is not an effective advocate for its members' interests. Obsessed with fundraising, scare-mongering, and wielding political power, NRA leadership undermines commonsense solutions that would protect gun owners' rights while reducing accidental shootings and gun violence.

"Ricochet tells the truth.
With each page I can hear the echo of footsteps down the Rayburn Building's marbled halls as Feldman tells the intimate story few know and even fewer survive"
-- Hon. Jack Brooks, former Chairman U.S. House Judiciary Committee

"Ricochet casts an eye-opening spotlight on the shadowy world of behind-the-scenes gun politics.
Is it accurate? Absolutely! I was there."
-- John Aquilino, former Director NRA Public Education

"Ricochet is right on target. Feldman's behind-the-scenes memoir vividly describes America's firearms debate
and struggle to win in extraordinary detail. I thoroughly enjoyed it."
-- John W. Magaw, former Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

http://www.mlscommunication.com/

Last edited by DenverBrit; 01-31-2013 at 11:52 AM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote