View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #309
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Isles have quietly assembled a pretty good team, they have Tavares who only plays offensive hockey but does it very well, Grabner, Boyes and Nielsen is about as good a 2nd line as there is in hockey right now, they are all solid on defense, have good speed and I am expecting all 3 of those guy to put up between 30 and 45 points this season with solid +/- ratings. Getting Nabokov to come and play really solidified their major weakness.

I think a large number of coaches and a few GMs are really getting on the hot seat right now - Pittsburgh, Rangers, Flyers, Panthers and Hurricanes all should be better than they are, in the west I think Vancouver will need to improve or Vignault is going to be feeling some heat as well. The Caps needs to pull the plug, switch the entire front office and move on.

Sacco is not a good fit for Colorado, it is a young team and they need a coach who can really bring up the youngsters.

I don't like Montreal, they are doing their best Florida or Toronto imitation, surprising early on but down the stretch they will fade.
I agree about the caps, it's about damn time they overhaul that front office that hasn't won anything. Oh wow, a presidents trophy, wow lol.

The reason I think Montreal is scary is because they are very good in key areas: Goaltending, Defense and PP. The thing with the panthers is they won all those ****ing shootouts or got all those loser points. They were the biggest joke of a division winner last year. Toronto is always **** in net, average on defense and never has a top PP really.

but MTL could fold, I just like their makeup and their strengths in key areas. Of course they are going to need Pacioretty back after 3 weeks. They won't last the whole year without his scoring or acquiring another 30 goal type guy.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote