Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #248
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
No, Moore does not lose blame...however. Moore did not screw up from lack of trying. He screwed up because he keyed underneath for too long, than went for the INT. He played the ball wrong by 6 inches (which can be fixed). Carter didn't try to do anything at any point during the play...and I've seen him do that exact same thing several times throughout the season.

The Broncos need a lot of things, and leadership from the Safety position is one of them. That being said, Rahim Moore is the best Safety on the Broncos roster. I'm willing to give him another year, but wouldn't be adverse to drafting a Safety *IF* they are the BPA at that pick (to replace Adams). That could be in the 2nd round with a guy like Jonathan Cyprien or Phillip Thomas. However, I think upgrading the CB position (either via draft, or FA) should be higher on the list than drafting another 2nd round Safety. The draft is deep in 2nd round CB's, and the Broncos need an infusion of talent at that position. Tracy Porter will be gone, Champ is slowing down, and Tony Carter is in my doghouse...not to mention MLB, where Med pointed out Chase Thomas as a viable 2nd round pick. Too many needs, too few picks.
Price I just explained Carters reaction on the main Board. You need to understand the zone relationships here to assign blame. The biggest blame goes to JDR for calling a Tampa 2 like coverage instead of quarters. Carters responsiblity there is to play underneath and to keep the catch in bounds. Watch it again, he does just that. He looks like he is jogging because he can not believe Moore blew his responsibility to stay deep on that play! Watch Leonards reaction and Brutons as well.

That play was not an anomaly though. It happened exactly like that earlier in the season, but everyone gave Moore a pass because the other team did not catch the ball. Carter is not a great CB, but he was not the problem on that play....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote