Thread: Tyrann Mathieu
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #14
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
This is a major deal. This kid is a powder keg, when was the last time a potential Heisman candidate was kicked off his team before the season started? And then, he got arrested for Drug Possession in OCT AFTER getting kicked off the team?

The problem lies in the NFL's new Drug policy in the CBA. Mathieu will already arrive in the NFL with a possible 4 game suspension hanging over his head. He failed repeated Drug tests at LSU and then got arrested for Drug possession in his draft eligible year. those count against him entering the league under the new rules.

Is he talented? Absolutely, just like Jenkins last year he might be the best pure cover CB in this draft talent wise. The problem is, when will he play, and will he sign a conditional contract due to his drug use in the past. I can not believe this kid has not already been in a rehab program and started to try and change his image. That alone tells me he thinks the rules do not apply to him. I would not touch him, but I actually want someone who plays in the games as one who is going to be suspended like Adam Jones.....
He actually did go to a rehab center for his drug problem, there was a special on ESPN about it.