Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #156
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
The question I have, is why haven't we interviewed any MLB during the senior bowl? As I said I think interviewing Gooden, means one of the OLBs will be moving to MLB, be that Irving or Trevethan. And we will draft a guy to compete either middle of the draft or sign one in free agency (hopefully not Brooking). We also interviewed 2 safeties a FS and SS. I could really envision a draft where we take both Thomas and Cyprien to compete with Moore, Adams, Carter.. We looked at a project CB, as a late round pick to groom, because the FO doesn't view it as a big time need, like us arm chairs think it is..

I also don't think interior OLine depth is a pressing need, similar to DT of last year, how we all swore we would take a DT...
The senior bowl interviews complement the Combine Interviews. Teams can only interview so many people at each event by NFL rule. At the combine teams get 30 interviews and most teams combine their interviews with another team in the opposite conference they are not competing directly against; so they get 60 formal 15 minute interviews.

What that tells you potentially is that the MLB's they may be looking at are underclassmen and not at the senior bowl this week. Or, as rascal so aptly pointed out, they are playing their cards close to the vest about who they like and not wanting to show their hand to other teams. Or, they simply are going to address MLB in FA or a trade. No one knows for sure, but those are the logical reasons why or why not.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote