View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #267
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i think the Caps will do well with Oates as coach. he can get the most out of his players and really helps enhance their scoring.
you can see the wonders he did for Stamkos when he was a young pup and helped guide him to reach his potential.

of course, they also need to decide who is their #1 goalie.
they have become as bad as the Flyers with going back and forth.
glad we got Varlamov from them when we did, still not happy about the price we paid but dude is worth it.
I like the Oates hiring and all my friends who follow the caps like the hire. You can tell his system is good and he has a great mind. I still think he needs more pieces (mainly a top 6 scoring winger and another top 4 d-man) but I can live with his system.

Boudreau was run and gun, oh ****! what do I do when I get stumped!! His lack of adjustments against Montreal in 2010 was so embarrassing.

Dale Hunter was good for the work ethic, competitive fire aspect of the game. They busted their asses for Dale.

if they can combine the run through a wall for Hunter with Oates' system, they will go places.

But I still think a couple of upgrades are needed. I love Joel Ward but expecting 30 goals from him is not something you want to do if you want to legitimately compete. It was kind of ironic yesterday on the Ottawa feed they were saying how Crosby needs help and the wingers he has (Dupuis, Kunitz) are not going to cut it. Funny, a few years ago everyone was saying how crosby was just that damn good...he could take scrubs and make them awesome 1st liners
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote