View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #262
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Green is actually one of the cooler Caps I've met out. Actually had a conversation over a beer and had some good insight....Ovie's just a booze hound looking for chics....

It's true about Ovie, for too long they gave him the keys to the kingdom with no restraints. As he's gotten older and is in less than ideal playing weight, his game has gone down.
Agree on Green. I have mutual friends, he's a very cool dude. He also has matured big time.

He doesn't get hammered like he did when he first got here. He realized it wasn't good for his career and he leaves early too.

Shame for Green is that injuries have really derailed his career. He was going to be a great one but you can tell he doesn't have the burst that he did when he was younger. Still a great player but he could have been special.

The coolest player I ever met was Brent Johnson. That guy is so down to earth it's unreal. He is genuinely interested; I was amazed he stood there talking to me for 20 min. Real cool guy, in my mind I was like "soooo, should I be the one that says I go to go lol" Awesome guy though, with a lot of insight and appreciative of hockey players/fans
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote