Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #129
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
I think I said it earlier last week... but Jordan Poyer is very impressive, and I have heard that Broncos were talking with him earlier in the week. So at pick 28 if Denver is to take him I would be fine with that. Thoughts? He had a great game in the senior bowl, and the tape I've watched on him is very impressive as well.
I Love Poyer as a player, but this is one of the deepest CB drafts I have seen in awhile. Dropping a first rounder on a CB is not that good of a value IMHO in this draft. Also, I am not sure he would be drafted before our second round pick in this draft. His long speed will be the difference in early second or late second round draft status to me. Very few positions are impacted by the 40, but CB is one of them. The ten yard split and the short shuttle are also extremely important for CB's, almost more so than the 40.

That being said, he plays faster than he will time and that keeps him in the mix for an earlier draft pick. I want defense, but DL or safety would be better than corner at 28 for me.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote