View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #258
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Caps fans used to be great.....in the 80's-90's you could sit next to a Caps fan at the old arena and have a good time. It all changed with Ovie. Very few "real" Caps fans from the day exist, it's all the Ovie aged fans that think since they have the goofy looking, 0 work ethic drunk on their team, they deserve a championship every year.

Other than going to the Rangers games with a bunch of buddies, I can't stand that place anymore.
I could definitely see that. Also keep in mind, a lot of the landover crowd never made the transition to chinatown. A lot of hardcore caps fans came from the landover community.

And you are spot on about the drunk, partying sense of entitlement that cost them a Cup from the 2009-2011 timeframe. I thought 2008 was probably their best chance if they got past the flyers in that tough 1st round series.

It seems like Chimera, Brouwer, Ribiero, etc. all have backing from oates or the organization to call out ovechkin as they did it after yesterday's game. Lots of quotes in the paper today about his play.

This can end one of 2 ways: 1) If they start winning, ovie will likely contribute and help propel the team or 2) if they can't string together wins, ovie will start pouting and ask out.

Just another saga in this franchise's long history with these things. Murphy, Stevens, Jagr, etc.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote