View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #256
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Actually, in 2009, Crosby contributed just as much if not more than Geno. He finished with like 31 points in that playoff season, about 5 short of Geno, although that was because he and Zetterberg erased each other schematically in the Final. The last few years have been tough and underachieving, esp this past year.

This year, there is still a winger problem, esp on Sid's line. Kunitz is really showing his age so far. I'm waiting for Bennett to be brought up. Geno is having some real anger issues so far and is real close to tuning Bylsma out. Martin has been much better than last year, but the d-corps are still kind of suspect. True solutions wont come until Morrow, Dumolin, Harrington etc. are ready. Despres has shown some flashes but has been scratched the last few games because he is turning it over too much. PIT will be back atop of the league with another title....but probably not in 2013.

And BTW since when did you become a big Caps fan? Dude, in earlier posts I thought you yourself called them chokers and said you were an Avs fan first?

Calm down bro (yes, you can lulz at me telling you to calm down )
No, no just because I know they are chokers doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Hockey is my #1 sport; I play it, I watch it like religion, etc.

I am a caps/avs fan and a peter forsberg fan; my favorite player of all time. I didn't like it when he went to Nashville or Philly but it is what it is.

As for the pens, Malkin is the key (in my eyes at least). I also do not trust crosby to stay healthy. It's not all his fault, but he is injury prone nonetheless. From what I see so far from them this year, the defense is suspect and so I think it will be tough for them to win a SC.

I expect more from the avs than I do the caps. I like Oates and his system but he's going to need more pieces. The caps played a good game today but they don't look like they have enough honestly. The avs look like a young team that can scare some teams in the playoffs and I do think they will get in this year. I'm always a big believer in Varlamov so I think they might cause some damage in the WC.

It's all good man, just thought you wouldn't defend your trash group of fans (every team has them).

edit: and you know I don't sugarcoat things even if I am a fan of X team. Remember our shanny debates

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 01-27-2013 at 10:50 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote