View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #138
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Ultimately there are too many guns and gun makers only want more sales, more gun in America. They wouldn't mind at all if we carried guns around like we do our cellphones. Your view that some people might be able to defend themselves if there was an attacker is correct. There would be some people who could have defended themselves. But I guarantee you that there would be more deaths and injuries still because not all bullets always end up where you meant to shoot. There would be innocent people shot by mistake.

The answer is not to put a gun in every hand of every American. Sorry, but this aint the rootem shootem wild west of 1880.

There are 14,000-19,000 nonfatal injuries stemming from accidental shootings per year in the U.S. You start adding more and more and more guns and that number is going to go up and up and up.
I'm not really big on the "OMG! Take my guns away and I can't defend myself!!!" thing. Very few are storming down doors with guns at the ready for home invasions. If you can sneak in, steal stuff, and get away then the cops won't get too riled up. If there's an invasion that involves a shooting, you just became public enemy #1.

That said, I'm mostly alarmed by where such actions (gun ban) can eventually lead and the reality that I liken this to taking away the baseball bat after your kid smashed a neighbor kid's skull in with it. I'd be more concerned about the mental state of the kid that could smash in someone's skull than concerned about whether or not all my baseball bats were secured.

The country needs to evaluate how they deal with those incapable of living in a peaceful and harmonious society. We need to face that question as a nation. Until we figure out why so many want to go down as a heinous murderer, taking away a few bullets per magazine won't solve our greatest problems.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote