View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #121
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Liberal : Why does anyone need an AR-15?

Law abiding Gun Owner : It's not about need, it's my 2nd amendment right to own such a weapon.

Liberal : But, assault weapons aren't necessary for hunting....

Law abiding Gun Owner : First off it's not an "assault weapon" it's a semi-automatic rifle. Secondly the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting, it's about protecting liberty from tyranny.

Liberal : So you're worried that a tyrant is going to take away your guns and liberty?

Law abiding Gun Owner : Well, no...because we have the 2nd amendment
This debate has been going on for so so long. The 2nd amendment is not the most well detailed document written, let's just say that.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Well, this is how I interpret this sentence. Back in the day when this was written, there was no national security or national military like the The Arm, Airforce, Marines or Navy. A well regulated militia of the people was necessary for protection. That is not the case anymore. The well regulated militia is now the military, not the people. And if you did want to argue it's the people, what we have now sure isn't "well regulated" by any means. The lack of background checks, the fact that you don't have to register as a gun owner, etc.

IMO, I don't think it's wrong for an American to own a gun but I think we should be limited to 1 handgun and 1 rifle. Each gun must have a title, similar to a vehicle. If there is a sale, there has to be documented transfer of title. There should be gun registration and every 5 years you should have to renew the registration and prove that you are cable of using said weapon safely.

This IMO would allow the people that are responsible gun owners to keep their and get the guns out of the hands of people that have no reason having one.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote