View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Daryl Smith (JAC) - OLB - Playing only the final two games of the 2012 season due to a groin injury, Daryl Smith should still make a splash in free agency as one of the best 4- 3 outside linebackers in the league and a cornerstone of the Jaguars defense in recent years. Though he'll be 31 heading into next year, he remains a good athlete, strong in coverage, and reliable in playing the run. The Jaguars will pursue him this offseason and could feasibly lay the best offer on the table, but no one could fault him for wanting to finish his career playing for a contender. With so many variables at play, it's difficult to gauge what may unfold, but someone could get a steal at an underappreciated position

I think he fits our new scheme and I think he plays the role that JDR wanted from the get go out of DJ Williams. MLB on running downs and slide over to play SLB when Miller lines up to rush the passer. I think he would be the best move we can really do to address the LB position this off season. Poor MLB draft and FA's available make it hard to get a true 3 down MLB this year anyways.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote