View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #179
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think when you down play Clady's run blocking your forgetting that Beadles is an above avg pulling guard. They run Right because their LG is pulling right. I remember watching them use Hillman in a game, maybe the last kFc game where Clady sealed the edge and Hillman got wide for a big gainer, Clady had no help on the play, he can do it and do it well.

It will be interesting to see what Gase does because McCoy was content with picking up 3-4 yards on 1st down with the back running behind a pulling Beadles. Willis is a little better than KM being patient with his blocks and following his lead blocker into the hole. The game he got hurt on he was on pace for a 150+ yard day just with simple power between the tackles.

I wonder if Gase doesn't try running more counters or the ISO pitch with Hillman after he has an offseason to grow into his body and gain a little more weight and muscle.

If you want to upgrade the run blocking we need a better C who can get to the 2nd level.

I really think Beadles is more valuable to the run game pulling which is why they run to the right so often. I don't think it is because Clady sucks as a run blocker.

If your going to grade a guy on his run blocking you have to take into account Beadles pulling the majority of the time and Clady having to man the hole Beadles leaves. If anything I would say they trust Clady more in the Blocking game because Beadles is pulling and leaving his man unblocked.
Fwiw i did not just base my thoughts on Clady for his run blocking this year.
It has never been his forte.

Now have they run left in the past and they did well absolutely but his lack of consistently being able to do so along with Franklin being a road grader makes it easier to go that way..

BTW pulling and going right can be just as easy to go to the left.

They chose to go left for other reasons.

As for the center yes we need to get some more heft on Walton this coming year he was making great strides until he was hurt. I think this injury may be a blessing as he is able to spend loads of time in the weight room..

Now that said he will never be Pouncey. But that is ok also.

My biggest concern is will Kuper ever be back to his former self. Or are those ankles and lower legs damaged beyond being a NFL OG again.

I do know they had no reason to bring him back when he was obviously not ready and should have been pulled when they saw he was unable to handle the job during the game.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote