CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Ah who tried to lowball champ.

Iirc it was a different regime.

Do you feel that Clady is a elite?

With his deficiency in run blocking.

Struggling with speed rushers.

I Always thought that just not giving up sack was just part of being a complete (read elite) OT. But hey that is just IMO.
I think when you down play Clady's run blocking your forgetting that Beadles is an above avg pulling guard. They run Right because their LG is pulling right. I remember watching them use Hillman in a game, maybe the last kFc game where Clady sealed the edge and Hillman got wide for a big gainer, Clady had no help on the play, he can do it and do it well.

It will be interesting to see what Gase does because McCoy was content with picking up 3-4 yards on 1st down with the back running behind a pulling Beadles. Willis is a little better than KM being patient with his blocks and following his lead blocker into the hole. The game he got hurt on he was on pace for a 150+ yard day just with simple power between the tackles.

I wonder if Gase doesn't try running more counters or the ISO pitch with Hillman after he has an offseason to grow into his body and gain a little more weight and muscle.

If you want to upgrade the run blocking we need a better C who can get to the 2nd level.

I really think Beadles is more valuable to the run game pulling which is why they run to the right so often. I don't think it is because Clady sucks as a run blocker.

If your going to grade a guy on his run blocking you have to take into account Beadles pulling the majority of the time and Clady having to man the hole Beadles leaves. If anything I would say they trust Clady more in the Blocking game because Beadles is pulling and leaving his man unblocked.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote