Thread: Yes, weather
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
67 at my house in Denver today (really close to the stadium). That's right, 12 days ago it was the coldest game in Broncos playoff history. Now 67.
I remember it doing that once on my birthday when I was a kid. My birthday is in December, and I grew up in Denver, so "white birthdays" happened a lot. The day before B-day, it snowed. I don't remember exactly how much, but it was several inches. The next day, it was mid-60s and the snow practically evaporated. I kinda miss that, cuz there's no feeling in the world like playing in the snow in the sunshine. :-)

I saw it go the other way too. I used to go to church camp down in the Black Forest for a week every summer, usually in June. One year a late snowstorm came through and dropped 8 inches of heavy, wet snow on us during the night. The camp staff & counselors moved us all out of tent camping and into the cabins at sundown. Good thing: the tents were big, old, rectangular, Army-style tents with wooden poles. A couple of the poles split and speared right through the mattresses where a couple kids would have been sleeping.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote