Thread: NFL first?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I agree, he has to be in the conversation for like top 10 but I think Bart Star was a better QB than Brady even though he had a pre FA team that was better than the Pats ever were.

I go at it with a friend of mine all the time about Tommy, he thinks he is the best ever and no one else is close, I told him back in 2005 that I didn't think Brady would ever win another SB, they came damn close but so far it maddens him that I have been right.
For me Brady is clearly in the conversation for GOAT. He occupies that space with Elway and Montana. All have a lot to offer:

Montana won more superbowls

Elway elevated really poor teams to elite status before Quarterbacking two
amazing teams.

Brady is the all time leader in playoff wins and has been to 5 superbowls, plus two more championship game appearances. Brady has been in the superbowl almost nearly half of the time since he's been a pro. He makes a championship game appearance 58% of the time. It's remarkable really.

I get that Brady has been on really good teams, but still he's the quarterback. You don't rack up those numbers without someone special taking snaps.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote